One week of GREEN SMOOTHIES how do you feel? Or perhaps a better question is how do I feel- as blogging at my level (day 8) is just like talking to myself, and probably my mom. Hi mom!
I initially started this week of GREEN SMOOTHIES in a feeble attempt to do one thing consistently-for a week. With a long track record of “good intentions” (read-trying to drink water every a.m, take vitamins, floss my teeth and failing), I was not totally convinced I could do it. I did do a bit of research to see why exactly this was a good idea. There was a ton of information out there- some websites were awesome, and others were just trying to sell me blenders, but in the end this is the information I gathered:
As awesome as raw greens are, we simply don’t eat enough of them and we don’t chew them enough in order to take full advantage of the wealth of nutrition they hold. By eating a variety of greens in your smoothies you can reap the benefits of virtually all these vitamins and amino acids: calcium/ protein/ folate/ iron/ magnesium/ manganese/ zinc/ copper/ vit C / VitK/ VitA/ VitE/ VitB1/ VitB2/ VitB3/ VitB5/ VitB6/ Fiber/ potassium/ omega 3/ tryptophan… the list goes on.
And apparently these things can happen if you drink them daily:
* more energy –Agreed. I have actually happily been doing sprints on the treadmill and enjoying it the past few days.
* less body aches and pain- Agreed. I feel goooooooooooood.
* normalized blood sugar- I do believe. I have not had a “hangry” episode in the past week or crashed at work.
* reduced or “cured” insomnia- I always sleep like a baby
* increased libido- ahem. That’s a little personal
* clearer thought- clearer thoughts on what my next smoothies will include
* better vision- hmmm, I can see the computer screen right now- that’s good.
* regular bowel movements- We did just run out of toilet paper
* less acne- I wish. I am still the 30 year old woman that looks like the pizza delivery boy from the Simpsons
* less illness- Let us not forget this has only been a week
* easy weight loss – only been a week, but I am definitely snacking less.
* reduce bad food cravings- This one has been the most profound, and surprising. Less chocolate chips, salt and vinegar chips, and midnight cookie baking
* balanced body PH- I did forget to put on deodorant today, and I still lifted my arms!
* reduced craving for coffee and caffeine- I don’t really crave these, but I have noticed that I am not having my afternoon crash. You know- the two o’clock– “wish I was in bed and not at work” thing.
So overall, I am stoked. Drinking a Green Smoothie daily has really helped me to eat plenty of greens in a simple and delicious way. I can feel that my body is getting more nutrition than ever before, and in just one week I am already reaping the benefits. So if you’re not already doing it, start NOW.